Here's some ideas I have been working on so far:
Drawing attention to those moments when listening is crucial, heart breaking, or even euphoric...I wish to draw attention to these instances. Those moments in time when we open our ears.
Execution/materials: life size graphite drawings on Mylar
Work in detail:
1) To the ground: woman laying horizontally, ear to the floor
2) Cornered: woman huddled in corner, head bowed with hands over her ears
3) Distance: Man/Woman listening intently on a telephone
- abstract visual component?
- colour introduced on select portions of the drawings?
- projected light/image and/or project abstract video (colour)