Sunday, November 13, 2011

Working in the studio

Since this Fall I have been working in a studio space offered by the City of Ottawa.  I had applied through a jury process to use this artist studio for free earlier this year.  Long story short, I got it!
This is a photo of my studio (at Stafford Studios), before it got really messy! It is pretty spacious and I have great neighbors (other professional artists have studios near by).

Anyways, I am over 2 months into my 5 month term and will try to keep a log of what I have been up to.  Currently my big project is preparing for a solo show.  Here are some quick shots of a drawing I am working on for it - at its different stages.  You will have to see the final piece at the opening!  (November 29th!)



1 comment:

Michelle Casey said...

Maya, This is such a beautiful drawing ... I just love it. It's one of the images that's really stuck with me after seeing your latest exhibition. The red colouring on the ball of wool adds so much warmth and a kind of a heart beat to this drawing for me. Simply amazing. Your drawings reveal your very sensitive and thoughtful nature.